The belief that certain gems have an influence on particular dates, is nothing new. It dates back thousands of years ago to the days when the ancient Chaldeans roamed the earth, and even earlier than that. The Chaldeans, or early inhabitants of Mesopotamia, were among the first peoples to study astrology in a scientific way.
What they learnt was that the universe was made up of planets that revolved around the sun, and that these planetary movements had influence on all the inhabitants of this earth. From there, the science of astrology was born. Soon, maps were drawn out in prediction of future events which the ancient astrologers mapped out by lots of observation, and learning. All this knowledge certainly didn’t happen overnight either.
What they found out was that crystals were also connected with the other interstellar planets and their movements. The following crystal associations below may seem familiar to some, since the days of the Chaldeans; Pluto and Neptune were only discovered in the 18th and 19th centuries, so they don’t appear there.
- Venus – Emerald
- Mars – Ruby
- Sun – Diamond
- Moon – Selearite
- Mercury – Agate
- Jupiter – Jacynth
- Saturn – Sapphire
Since then, people have been researching and mapping out the astrological signs that belong with each and every known crystal. The practice of wearing gems that correspond with your horoscope sign only began a few hundred years ago. It is believed that matching a stone with its related horoscope sign and the person’s, was supposed to be lucky. Crystals matching their horoscopes were called birthstones, and a whole mini movement studying and compiling birthstone charts sprang up.
Over the years, many crystals and their horoscope signs were charted out by crystallographers, alternative healers, and astrologers. Many crystals belong under multiple horoscope signs. Can you spot your favorite gemstone in there?
- Capricorn (23 Dec – 22 Jan) – Smokey quartz, Garnet, Malachite, Tiger Eye
- Aquarius (23 Jan – 22 Feb) – Amethyst, Hematite, Blue Sapphire, Bismuth
- Pisces (23 Feb – 22 Mar) – Amethyst, Turquoise, Opal, Fluorite, Coral
- Aries (23 Mar – 22 Apr) – Bloodstone, Jadeite, Diamond, Spinel, Citrine
- Taurus (23 Apr – 22 May) – Emerald, Carnelian, Kyanite
- Gemini (23 May – 22 June) – Celestite, Aquamarine, Sandstone, Tanzanite
- Cancer (23 June – 22 July) – Moonstone, Pearl, Calcite, Opal
- Leo (23 July – 22 Aug) – Amber, Jasper, Gold, Pyrite, Peridot, Platinum
- Virgo (23 Aug – 22 Sept) – Zircon, Garnet, Magnetite, Sapphire, Magnetite
- Libra (23 Sept – 22 Oct) – Rose quartz, Sunstone, Tourmaline, Ametrine, Opal
- Scorpio (23 Oct – 22 Nov) – Ruby, Kunzite, Alexandrite, Moonstone
- Sagittarius (23 Nov – 22 Dec) – Azurite, Labradorite, Lapiz Lazuli, Topaz
Amongst the crystals, there are a few universal crystals that relate to all the horoscope signs, chief among these would be the clear quartz crystal. The clear quartz crystal is one of the few crystals that is a universal birthstone, meaning it can be a birthstone for anyone, regardless of their horoscope sign.
Join Our Newsletter
And get our FREE Crystal Grid eBook that shows you how to build a crystal grid in accordance with the universal Law of Attraction and attract what you want into your life!
Thank you for subscribing. Please check your email within the next few minutes.
Something went wrong. Please try again.